Thursday, February 24, 2011

After hearing cancer survivor and Tulsa fireman John Buck's story, how could I say no to this push up challenge? Like most middle-aged mother of 2 teens, I would have to say that upper body strength is not in my top 10 things to improve this year. However, after starting a women's fitness boot camp class 4 weeks ago, I knew I could incorporate John's push up challenge into my routine.
Do I love push ups? NO! They are hard; I don't see immediate results right after I do them; Sometimes my drill sergeant, oops, I mean fitness instructor, has me doing so many combos of them, I get sick to my stomach. At the end of each session, I always think "I can't do any more!"
Then I think of John going through his battle with cancer last year and I realize my little struggle with pushups is nothing compared to what he went through. His treatment was hard, no immediate results, and caused many days of sickness. John didn't give up, so I won't give up either. Pushing onward and Pushing upward!
I am seeking sponsors to join me in this challenge. You can sponsor me by pledging a penny, dime, quarter, or $1.00 per push I completed. The challenge began on Feb 15th and ends April 5th. 50 days of push ups representing 50 days of John's treatments.
Before you make your pledge, just know that I can now do about 240 pushups a week! You do the math. :)
You can email me with your push up pledge, or join me and get sponsors to pledge money for you doing pushups. All proceeds benefit families facing a medical crisis away from home at Hospitality House of Tulsa. For more information go to www.tulsahospitalityhouse.org/events.htm Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment